- Hosting and Setting Up A WordPress Site
- Adding Content to Posts and Pages
- Adding Images, Videos and PDFs in WordPress
- Adding Headers, Backgrounds and Featured Images (2012 Theme)
- All About the Dashboard Options
- All About Themes
- Plugins and Widgets
- Hosting with BLUEHOST.COM will be $6.95 or less per month, depending on the length of time of your initial contract. You will be billed for the entire contract whether you purchase one year or multiple years.
- When you get your account the only other thing you need to get is their Pro Backup to keep your site safe.
- You will have the option of getting a free domain name when you get a Bluehost account.
- You can use an existing domain with your Bluehost hosting account and you do not have to transfer your domain from its current registrar, as that is more time consuming and not necessary.
- Hosting account with ClickHOST starts at $4.95 a month with a minimum year term of service. There are discounts for longer terms of service and they offer other levels of service.
- Their most popular is the BETTER Plan at $7.95 per month with a term of service for minimum of a year. This plan includes fixing your site should it get hacked. Malware monitoring is included in the BETTER plan, but removal is $3/month extra. Also of note, the BETTER Plan, includes ClickHOST actually installing WordPress or migrating an existing site for you to their servers. Stefan from ClickHOST has provided two videos that will walk you through getting getting a ClickHOST account and Installing WordPress on their hosting service.
Additional Hosting Videos
(click on the symbol at the bottom right corner to view the video full screen.)
If you want to jump right into adding content to Posts and pages jump over to 9:33 in this video. There will be a more complete tour of the dashboard in a later video.