You will want to include a form on your website where your visitors can sign up for your mailing list.
First you need to make a form that will show up as a pop-up in MailChimp with a link. From that same screen, select “Share It.”
Confusion Alert: This may be a bit weird since you would think that you would just upload the form you already created. But, no; you must create another form, an embed code version, to place on your website.
- Choose “Classic Form” and then choose “Options”.
- Uncheck the option to Title your Form.
- Choose to include All Fields.
- Do not check: Interest Groups, Require Field Indicators or Format Options.
- If the code is going into a sidebar it will automatically adjust to the width.
- If it is going onto a page please type 275 px.
- Do not check any of the other items.
Now, copy the HTML embed code for your form.
Next, go to your website and paste the HTML embed code into a text box widget.
Next: Create an Email Campaign